Sunday, April 13, 2008

We truly are blessed

I had a long day today. It was a good one, but a long one. I teach a 6th grade class on Sunday mornings at church...not to be confused with Sunday School. We call them LifeGroups...before that it was the Link. Before even that they were Bible Study Fellowships or simply BSF.
Church was good. I had only my 2 youngest with me today...my wife and the rest of the kids were in the mountains at my wife's grandparents' home. I left late Saturday night to get back home from a long day of working at "Nanny and Papa's". I teach in the evenings at something we call the Link...it changed from the mornings and now the Sunday night time is called The Link. I have ADD...this is NOT funny to keep changing the names of stuff. I am confused enough on my own. I also had a youth leader's meeting and headed out of church around 8:45 PM.
See...I do have ADD and I went on at least 2 rabbit trails!!
Basically, I had a long day of church activities, sandwiched in between was a nap...angels singing. After the meeting, I went to Wal-Mart to do a little grocery shopping. We were out of stuff and we really needed the groceries. The dogs wanted to eat too, so I had to get dog food. 200 bucks later we have school lunch stuff, 2 suppers (Southern for dinner), a little snack stuff, a dog watering thingee, dog food, and an array of paper products. I'm a dork--I just went down my grocery list.
The "We are truly blessed" title comes in now. I was in line to check out...it's never a fast experience at Wal-Mart. I was in line and I thought of how blessed we are. There are people that can't get a buggy full of food and supplies. Some can't even go to stores like Wal-Mart...they have no supply. I propped my arm up on the Coke cooler and said a little prayer of thanks. We are truly blessed.

No comments: