Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How often I forget to take in beauty around me.

I have a beautiful wife. I have a beautiful family. I live in a beautiful home on some beautiful land. I am currently visiting a beautiful country inn in Tennessee. It's gorgeous here. Every room in the inn is wonderful and they are steps away from beautiful views. Being here reminds me to take in the beauty around me. I am so blessed, but it's so easy to get wrapped up in the everyday stuff that I forget to take in the physical beauty that surrounds me. I think God gets us away at times to remind us of the beautiful places. St. John, USVI is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Last week I was at the doctor and my blood pressure was high. The doctor wanted to take it himself and as he did so, I thought of St. John. It went down...I took in the beauty. Maybe this little blog entry can remind you to "take it in". There is beauty all around. Maybe it's a little one's voice singing a song. A bird flying through the air. A flower that catches your eye. Beauty...it's there to take in....like a special gift from God.

No comments: