Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A renewal of sorts

I just spent two and a half days with some of the most amazing people on earth. My wife and I are houseparents with a non profit organization. ( That's why I have so many kids!) I spent two and a half days at a training retreat in a beautiful place in Tennessee. I come away from these "events" renewed. I am more aware of the calling God has placed on my life to pour Jesus into my kids. I am humbled to be around such awesome people. I've known some of the folks for 20 years, and some I just met for the first time. These folks are simply amazing. During the retreat, we got two bits of really bad news. The first was that our home was broken into on Monday. The second was a really huge bomb that was sent our way concerning one of our kids. Raising kids is tough, and our kids have tons of baggage. The whole time we were there, we were ecouraged and lifted up. We're all in this together and it's so vital to see that we are not alone in what we do. If anyone in the group reads this silly little post, please know that I pray for you and I thank God for you all. I was reminded of how blessed I am to be considered a peer in the ministry we're all called to. I was reminded of how crucial it is for God to work in me, to overflow Him...I can't be empty. I was reminded of how awesome it is that I get a chance to serve God by raising kids. Thanks to you all...and "Pass the green beans."

1 comment:

Mom of Eleven said...

Wally,
Thanks for finding me!! Yes and also thanks for the awesome things you said about us. This is truly a calling and we know you and R get it!! Whew. Notice it is 10:00 PM and I am just sitting down to check email, etc. I am praying for you guys. Hope things will calm down soon.
W