Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sorta Numb

Have you ever had some major stuff happen in your life and you're kinda numb? I hope I'm not the only one who does that. This week has been filled with some tough things coming our family's way. Sometimes I put myself on auto pilot and that's easy to do. I'm trying not to do that. I'm a routine nut and I'm trying to get back into a routine after being away for a few days. Add to that the stuff going on and I'm numb. I'm trying to step back and remain aware of what's going on around me. Robin, my wife, s it when I "check out". It's really a gift given to men. Before males are born (and I are one), our brains are washed in testosterone. This does some weird stuff to our brains. I think one thing it does is whenever we have children, a button is activated and we are instantly able to zone out and watch sports on TV. Or be busy doing something around the house or outside. Some think it's a curse, some think it's a blessing. I'm not sure. All of that rambling to say I'm numb. Life is nuts and I'm trying my best not to carry it on my shoulders. I tell my older kids often, our shoulders are strong enough to carry our "stuff" long enough to roll them over to God. I think I'll roll 'em over and let God handle it. I may be losing that numbness after all!

No comments: