Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm sick, but I've been "healed" by my 4 year old

Today I've been sick. It hit yesterday. I spent 2 days on the tractor, cutting the land in front and to the side of the house. Allergies hit with a vengeance. Sore throat. Throbbing headache. Stuffy nose. Hurting eyes. Now I know I need to use a mask. My only hesitation in using a mask is that I'll look like a dork. But my wife and kids regularly let me know that I'm a dork. So I'm gonna buy me a mask before I cut the next time. I think I'll actually get one of those $7 gas masks from the Army/Navy store. I'll look cool for sure!
This afternoon I was sitting in my chair resting. I asked my four year old to give me a hug...it would make me feel better. He gave me a great hug and he then he asked me, "You're better now?" "Yep...I'm better now."
It reminded me to have that child like faith that Jesus talked about. Isn't that what the Kingdom of God is made of? Folks with childlike faith.

No comments: