Friday, April 11, 2008

Geesus Loves Me

Yesterday morning the kids were sitting around the table having breakfast and sort of hanging out, hanging out as much as kids can hang out. Our 4 year old starting singing Jesus Loves Me. Sometimes he says "Geesus". His 6 year old brother joined in and they both started singing. They sang Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves The Little Children. Some of the other kids joined in the singing too.
This may seem like no big deal, but they have been with us for a little over 8 months. When they both came to us their song was Bad Boys, the song from the T.V. show Cops. Their little hearts have softened a lot and they have a new song to sing. It was a moment to take in. What sweet songs...sung with sweet voices. They had no idea what they were really doing, but they were praising God and worshiping Him with their songs.
Worship leaders often quote the Bible and say that God inhabits the praises of his people. It's a vague reference to Psalm 22:3. I did some looking up online and found some cool references to the verse. I'm not big into using different versions to "fit" what you're trying to say, but one of the versions I use is the ESV, The English Standard Version. Psalm 22: 3 says, "Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel." The footnote on the verse says "or dwelling in the praises".
I imagine God dwelling in my praises...pretty cool stuff. Hearing my kids singing...yeah, I could dwell there too. It was such a sweet sound. What a change from "Bad boys, bad boys, what ya goin' to do" to "Jesus Loves Me". Those sweet moments help keep me going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you need to tell the "Daddy loves me, this I know" story!
Wow... God is SO good... beauty from ashes, release for the captives, weeping into gladness, restoring the years the locust ate... Praise His Name!!!!!!!