Friday, April 18, 2008

'Cause My Daddy Tells Me So

One of my good friends reminded me of this story. My 4 year old gives me great material to work with! He teaches me a lot about life if I will pay attention. Not too long ago he learned "Jesus Loves Me." One day he was singing it and when he came to the part that normally says "For the Bible tells me so..." He sang ," Cause my Daddy tells me so".
There is so much to pull from that little line. First, it's humbling to know that I can have a huge impact on my kid's lives. Second, I need to watch what I say and do because I have little eyes and ears watching and listening. Third, I need to have that child like faith...believe just 'cause.
I don't have an earthly "Daddy" anymore...he passed away when I was a baby. But I do have a Heavenly "Daddy" and I need to know that Jesus loves me " 'Cause my Daddy tells me so."

No comments: