Saturday, April 5, 2008

No quiet mornings

There is no such thing as a quiet morning in my house anymore! At one time we could sleep in until 9. Now it's between 6 and 7. Our 4 year old and 6 year old make sure that there is no one around them asleep. Today it's raining. A perfect Saturday to sleep in. Our 6 year old is convinced that if we sleep in that we will sleep in all day. No matter how many times we tell him that we won't sleep in all day he is still convinced that we will spend the entire day asleep.
When I "step back" and look at it, it's really not a bad thing. How jaded I have become as an adult. The boys are simply jumping at the start of another day. I need to wake up! God has blessed me with another day...there will be only one April 5, 2008. It's gonna take some time to change my "grumpiness" about early mornings, but hopefully I will do it, Lord willing. How many times do I miss out on some awesome stuff just because I don't want to wake up?

No comments: