Friday, May 16, 2008

Sweet Laughter

Tonight the whole family (family at home) got together and we ate out. We went to a diner that's fairly new and we had the best time. Have you ever had one of those moments when you mentally "step back" and take in the moment? I do...and it's not my ADD moment, either. I "stepped back" tonight and it was really cool. We were all talking together...conversations were spread over the table of the 9 of us. And laughter...sweet laughter. We laughed at many different things, but our 4 year old keeps us in stitches often. Tonight when we got the bill we told our server that our 4 year old would pay for it. The server stretched out her hand to him and asked for the money. He smiled and without missing a beat, he turned to me and stretched out his hand for me to give him the money.
I can actually make a little spiritual jump about this...
I need to do that more often with my life. Whenever I am asked to do something...I need to realize that I don't have the resources on my own to cover the tab. I need to turn to my Daddy and let Him be the source. So many times I try to do things on my own. I've got to turn around and let God do whatever it is through me. He's got the resources...mine are limited. I have lint and pennies in my pocket. God has limitless resources. That's a source for some sweet laughter!

No comments: