Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Laughing in his sleep...

A few nights ago my wife was up late. She normally stays up late. I'm worried...I think she's secretly pumping energy drinks through an I.V.! She heard something from across the hall where our 4 year old sleeps. She heard laughter. Our 4 year old was laughing. Not chuckling. Not giggling. Laughing. It was the kind of belly laugh that comes from an awesome tickle attack.
This may seem sweet, and it is. But the coolest thing about him laughing is that it wasn't always that way. He used to have nightmares. He would cry out in the night. When he first came to us it was almost every night. "Nooo!" "Stop!" He would yell and "whine" in his sleep. Not anymore...the cries have turned to laughter. I am so amazed at how good God can be.
Add to that a couple of nights ago. He had turned himself sideways and I went in and turned him around and before I could cover him up with his blanket, he said with his eyes closed, "I love you, Daddy." And he wasn't finished making my night. He then, eyes still closed, held wide open his arms for a hug.
I am truly the most blessed man on the planet.

No comments: