Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A movie review for my 14 year old...


My fourteen year old wanted me to give a movie review of a movie I saw recently. I saw Speed Racer. I have to admit that I was totally comparing the movie to what I remembered as a kid. I was a child of the 70's and a teen of the 80's, so I watched the Speed Racer cartoon when I was a kid. The Mach 5 is still the coolest car ever.
On to the review: It was OK. I'm not giving the movie two up, one definitely. The movie is really really stimulating...it's kinda like an assault on the eyeballs! My ADD was in overdrive! But I do have to admit...the cars were really cool. The cars built by the Speed family were awesome. The "classic" Mach 5 was on the big screen and I was like a kid again. The movie did a pretty good job of transferring what I remembered of the cartoon to the big screen. So...would I recommend the movie? If you liked Speed Racer as a kid...then absolutely!! If you care not of the ways of the Speed family...stay away and maybe rent it on DVD. All in all...a good movie. 3 1/2 stars out of 5.
Movies coming up.....Narnia Prince Caspian and Indiana Jones. If you like this review...let me know!

1 comment:

Wally said...

I have tried to edit the "two" part. I can't get thumbs to stay...I don't give the movie two thumbs up...one thumb up. Why can't I use the word thumb??