Saturday, May 24, 2008

One of my s got saved!!!

Tonight one of my s ( our 9 year old) talked with me. The last couple of days she has had some questions about God, accepting Jesus, and being baptized. Robin said it would be good to talk to me, so tonight, I talked with my little . Her questions were legit...she wanted to know at what age someone could become a Christian. I told her that there was no right age--it's different for kids of all sorts of ages. I asked her what becoming a Christian meant and she gave me to Sunday School answer of "you get saved". I wanted to make sure she really understood, so I asked her what that meant. She said, "You become a Christian when you accept Jesus into your life and you give Him control of your life." COOL! She got it. I asked her if she ever prayed to ask God about this and she did last night. She said, " I told God that I knew I was a sinner and that Jesus died for me and I asked Him to come into my heart and I gave Him control."
To know this child, this is HUGE! Control is a very scary thing for her because of what her birth family did to her and what they didn't do for her. It was really neat...you could see a difference on her face.
I am so happy! She told some of her brothers and sisters, me, Mom (Robin) and her Grandpa George. In her sweet little voice she said..."I became a Christian". This is so awesome!! I had to post this....thanks for letting me share!

No comments: