Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My wife is a very stubborn patient!

Robin does not like to be waited on. She wants to do everything for herself. I am convinced that if she was in the middle of a 42 car pile up, in the hospital for a month and then at home for home health care, she would be up and about...even in a wheelchair...doing laundry, organizing the kids' stuff, fixing her own I.V. drip, while online researching things the kids need.
She's in a lot of pain and it hurts her to move. She fusses at me for doing stuff for me...or at least protests. "You don't have to do that," she says. I want to serve her...I really don't mind helping her. ARRRGGGHHH!! Maybe one day she will let me serve her. I have already learned not to hover and bug her. I keep my distance and simply ask her if she needs something. I am a "doter". I like to dote on people. She despises doting. I have learned a balance. Yet, she still gets a little upset when I do things for her.
Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments: