Wednesday, June 18, 2008

An ever-present help in trouble

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."
Psalm 46:1
Wow. I needed to hear those words today! God has been whispering them in my ear today. Have you ever had "one of those days"? Robin and I have had "one of those WEEKS"! The last three days have felt like three months! Here is the rundown of the week so far...please bear with me!
Vacation Bible School Monday through Wednesday 9 AM to 12 PM
Family emergency that Robin had to help with.
Kids off of routine and acting like their world has been ripped apart (We went to VBS, for crying out loud!!)
14 kidney stones....Robin is officially "Rocky"!
One of our kids had a friend spend the night...not stressful...a great friend...but the routine changed!
One of our kids had to go to the emergency room to get an I.V. for dehydration...6 hours waiting in the waiting room.
One of our kids decided on the last day of VBS to go around the church (it's huge) with her friend to look for her friend's sister. It took 30 minutes to find her...we ALWAYS meet at the fish tank!
Our little van decided to break down...transmission...fun fun. My wife called me and said, "There is a new light on that I have never seen...a spoke looking light with an exclamation point in it." Now our four year old is freaking out because the little van isn't at home!

Craziness. Yet through it all...it's all O.K. God has been our refuge...our ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46 is really awesome...read the whole thing. It has really helped me today. Verses 2-3 say, "Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging." Selah
Selah...Hebrew for pause. Pause and think about this. God is in control. Don't fear.

Verses 10 and 11: "Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord Almighty is with us, the God of Jacob is our fortress." Selah

Pause...
God was exalted today. The best thing about today? My 12 year old accepted Christ today. How amazing! God is on His throne! In the trouble of today, God is in control. How awesome is that!!

No comments: