Thursday, November 4, 2010

Numb

I have been struggling with a situation that has consumed a lot of me for the past year. I won't go into details, but it has been such a heart breaking ordeal. I have been thinking a lot lately about how I have shut off some of my emotions. I feel numb. I am amazingly blessed. I have a wonderful wife and great kids. I love my job...my calling. I take the blessings for granted and it feels like the blessings get swallowed up by the struggles. My prayer is that God will revive my soul. I know He will...it's Who He is.."He restores my soul..."
There is a light at the end of the tunnel...the situation mentioned before will soon be lifted, but lifted in a painful way. I don't know if that makes sense. I am praying for God's redemption and for His restoration.
But for now, I'm numb. Numb knowing that feeling will come back.

No comments: