Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Is anyone else of going green?

If I hear any more of the "go green" movement, I think I'm going to puke. Is anyone else sick and tired of all of the dirt worshiping tree huggers shoving the go green message down our throats?
I understand we have to take care of our planet--it's the only one we've got. But come on, people...give it a break! I try to save electricity by turning off the lights. My sister-in-law accuses me of being a vampire, afraid of turning on any lights. I am simply tired of hearing and seeing the go green messages everywhere in the media. I know the environment is important...I get the point.
And another rambling thought....this whole global warming thing....it's a cycle. It will cycle back. Just like the economy...it will bounce back. It will take time. I think I might have to hurt someone if I see anything else about going green. GIVE IT A BREAK!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dad, who doesn't care about the planet at all, turns out the lights. It saves you money. Don't let yourself get the two confused. Because of people like you, others feel they need to go overboard to compensate. Yeah, it can get preachy. But, until we try to, at least, reduce waste, the message will be in your face. Get used to it. Woodsy the Owl has been around a long time, and you still haven't bothered to listen.