Monday, March 22, 2010

going to the gym

I am going to the gym later tonight. I am nervous. I feel like going to P.E. for the first time when I was in 7th grade. Ah, the joys of middle school P.E. My first locker room...smelly from the football team. One of my most embarrassing moments happened when I was in the locker room. I was stepping out of the shower and BAM! instant split. There I was in all of my preteen naked glory..."Get the coach!!" I yelled. Coach Young came with a little grin...covered me with a towel and helped me up.
I remember one year at P.E. trying to do a pull up with everyone watching. Everyone watching me grunt and struggle with no avail. It turned out to be a positive experience. I went to a Christian school and the Pastor of the church (President of the school) was there and he encouraged me and said in front of all the other guys that I tried...I gave it a good effort and he praised me for the effort.
I have always loved sports and I loved playing baseball. I have never been the greatest athlete. I have always been able to throw and catch very well...just not able to throw long distances. Tonight I begin a journey of going to the gym. I really want to lose some weight and gain some strength. I am praying that I keep it up and I don't do any splits in the locker room.

No comments: